- CONFERRED AS FELLOW BY INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR ORBITAL DISORDERS [F.I.S.O.]- 1997
- LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD PRESENTED BY M.G.R.MEDICAL UNIVERSITY 2012
- NVITED AS GUEST SPEAKER BY NIGERIAN OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY TO DELIVER “COUNCIL LECTURE “ ON 30th AUG 2013.
- LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD BY TAMILNADU OPHTHALMIC ASSN-2014 AT COIMBATORE.
- My paper on Orbital Venography in E.N.T., diseases presented in the regional E.N.T., Conference at Tiruchi, South India in 1978 was adjudged as the best and presented a Gold Medal.
- Best paper award presented by Kerala State Ophthalmic Association for ’Management of very high myopias’- 30—11—1991
- Founded Voluntary blood donor’s club in Madurai Medical College. Madurai.Now the club is recognized at National Level.
- Under training in paediatric Ophthalmology in Hospital for sick children. Great Ormond Street, London under Dr. David Taylor during April – July. 1984
- Visited orbital clinics in Moorefields Eye Hospital, London, Orbit Centrum. Amsterdam and Manhatton Eye and infirmary, New York 1985.
- Underwent training in Japan in the Institute of Clinical Ophthalmology, Kiriyu ,under professor Akira momose in Radial Keratotomy. IOLS and other myopia surgeries from April 21st to 16th May 1990.
- Visited different centres in Australia-,Perth and Melbourne – Foldable IOLS – 1996.